Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No deep thoughts. I feel like I should write something deep and meaningful as I read many of my blogger friends' posts but the only thing I come up with 'where is that lip balm for my hospital bag'. Technically I have about 4 weeks until Baby arrives but with my history it really could be any day. Which freaks me out. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about packing my suitcase, the need to buy diapers, what if it is a boy, what are going to name this child, will I really know if it's time to go the hospital - but most importantly - can I be a good mom to 3 kiddos... K & E are troopers and thankfully love going to other people's houses to play - but I feel like all I say these days is "maybe later - stop doing that - don't stick your tongue out at your sister (or mommy!) - don't chase the dog - I'm tired - let's all take a rest (which, BTW, never works). As I tell myself, and have been reminded by friends - this is a season. Hopefully the girls' will remember this as the time they got to spend a lot of time with friends =) Anyway - no deep thoughts - I'm just so glad that God has a plan so that when I do freak out I can just sit back and cry knowing that He is in control and will continue to give me the strength and endurance to get through this wonderful, challenging season of life.

4 comments:

Cheryl Russell said...

Suzy, never....I mean never.........underestimate the importance of a good lip balm. I will be praying for you. It will pass and the girl's won't remember it at all! Our kids have no idea why they know every word to Toy Story and Finding Nemo. We know it's because they watched it ten times a day when I was preg with Kendall, they just think they have really good memories! Your post made me laugh and remember! God Bless You!

Kristi said...

"Lip balm?" - name that movie!*

Suzy, my friend, it is good to go through these life stages together. My mom still hangs with her friends with whom she cried through early motherhood years. Someday, someday - we'll be getting together for brunch (because we'll sleep through the breakfast hour) to talk about what crazy parents our kids are. And we'll laugh - a lot.

I love you much!!

* Three Amigos, of course!

brenda said...

Man I miss you! I wish we could go for a preggo walk and compare horror stories. Sorry about the girls needing more attention. If we were still four doors down we would be more than happy to come over to play settlers and let the kids run a muck. Can't wait to see you, you should post some good pics of yourself!

Leah said...

That's right, you better get a preggo pic before that baby comes! Get the camera out... I'm comin' over...

Just kidding.

It's true; this too shall pass. Just sit in the few quiet moments you have an think about this stage. Enjoy it and be present in it for a while. Then when this baby is four and darting out the door to play with the girls, then 10 and 8, you won't miss it so much. - When the opportunity is truly passed to have children you will hold on to the memories.

And Kristi is right, when we are old and having brunch we will look back on the days when we blogged to each other about these times, and hopefully laugh a lot, and realize that we are all good moms and that the creator of motherhood had a good plan... putting us all together.

Love to you, friend.

And PACK for cryin' out loud! Listen to the nesting instinct!! It could be tomorrow for all we know. :)