Wednesday, July 09, 2008

getting my groove on


I love to dance. It has been a long time since I've really danced though. Sure I sway with the music - most of the time not even realizing it. The one dance I've really missed is my two step with God. He and I really knew how to cut a rug. Fast songs, slow songs, country songs, jazz, swing - you name it - we were there. I'm not sure when we stopped dancing - but I do know that it wasn't because He stopped asking. Somewhere along the line I got busy, I got 'reserved', I 'matured', I worried too much about what others would think. But my partner came looking for me - He saw me through the crowded room of excuses, worries, and self-doubt and met my eye - and held it. And my stomach dropped - just like it used to. To see Him walk towards me - holding out His hand. Wanting to dance with me! Wanting to spend time swaying to the music -twirling, waltzing. I feel the passion stirring within me - passion that got buried so deep down - being rekindled. For what purpose? I don't care - I just want to keep dancing. Trusting in my partner to lead me around the dance floor with grace, direction and confidence. It feels like home - the one place where I truly feel I can let loose and be me. To get my groove on and know that it doesn't matter who is watching. To dance with My Lord, My Abba Father, - ahhh, there is no place like home.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, Suzy - that is really beautiful. I love that you dance with the Lord. What a cool relationship.

Cheryl Russell said...

Very cool. Makes me think about that Mercy Me song. I'm guessing you will be one of the ones dancing for Him!

Leah said...

Okay. Wiping away the tears so I can type a comment...

Suzy, how beautifully you express your heart! I can picture you swaying in the arms of the LORD as I read that.

What a breathtaking moment it will be...