Thursday, August 06, 2009

He hears

I love how my daily devotion seems to mimic my life. Maybe I just fit my stuff into it but I like to believe that it's one God's way of talking to me. Today was about God hearing our cries.

Psalm 28:6-7 says "Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of Thanksgiving."

It is so easy to praise God when we see our answer to prayer. But what about the time in between our prayer and his answer? How do we respond then? As you know, I've been in that place recently and I did not always praise him. In fact, I often questioned what He was up to. I prayed earnestly and I think deep down I knew He had things under control - but my actions didn't always reflect that belief. I think that we move too fast. We expect things quickly: our food, our netflix, our technology. We can pretty much access anything via computer: friends, information, recipes, clothes, books, etc. I think I feel like God should move as fast. I should be thankful that I see his answer at all.

I want to praise him always and know that even when I don't have the feeling of being heard, I still have the FACT. I have God's word on it!

Father, thank you for hearing our prayers! I pray for my family and friends who are in an in- between place. Give us peace in knowing that you care for us and you are working behind the scenes to make our paths straight.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It's so true. We say we "know it's in God's time", but really? I am guessing that at least a few of the children of Israel asked the Lord to show them the way to the Promised Land. And he did (at least to the kids), 40 years later. I am hopeful that he will not make you wait 40 years to sell & buy your house. But for a Guy who sees a day as a thousand years, we just can't expect it to be a rush delivery every time we ask.